In the video by Alan Watt “What if money where No Object ?” He speaks about how a lot of college students that are about to graduate college come to him and speak to him about how they don't know what they want to do in life.
My opinion of the video is that there are a lot of people out there that do stuff that they don’t like instead of setting their goals to something they do, when they get into the field of the job they never imagine having to wake up in the morning because they choose that path to get a job they don't like cause they didn't follow their dream. If you have a passion in doing something money shouldn't matter because in the long run money will come. Continue to do something you love rather you do something you don't like.If Money wasn't no object I would be out there doing half of the stuff that I like to do and forget how much I would get paid for it because it's my dream , my passion, and my goal that I been wanting to accomplish for a long time. In the video he states “what makes you itch? “, “what would you like to do if money wasn't an object? “.People are so quick to go look for jobs that pay a large amount of dollars and they complain when they don't like it. In the video he mentions “why do stuff that you don't like? “ a lot of people and for myself have passions and goals out there but they let money get in the way and do things they don't like when they love.
The section where you give a call and action asking the people "What would you like to do if money wasn't a object?" I feel that that was a important thing to point out to people that are only doing their job and living for money because I personally believe money is the root of evil. People are in greed when they don't want to share with people that are in need living their lives in first class because of their good education and job but their the same people that are unhappy verses those in middle class. Those people that are in middle class realize money is a object and they tend to be more happy with what they have and therefore find things they love to do other than what they are told to be or do. That's my opinion what's yours?
ReplyDeleteKarli absolutely correct money is evil. I believe in this generation people would do anything for money no matter what it is in order to live your life happy some people do it the right way and do something they like and some of them instead of working towards their goal they go and Amie for that high wage pay .and then complain later on that they either hate their job or want to quit.
DeleteHello. I agreed with the idea that money is not everything. And you should follow your own goals on what you want to do. But sometimes you may get the job you like to do and have an excellent paycheck. Other times that won’t happen as much as you try. So how would you deal with that?
ReplyDeleteRicardo I personally agree with you that they are some people out there that do have a job they like doing in the video Allan Watts stated “what makes you itch?”
Delete"what do you desire?" let me give you a perfect example I work as a Assistant Nurse I love to work with the people that need my help but I also have a passion for singing what do I do .? I do both I work on my dreams and do the job I love I can't put my dreams on hold and only focus on one because than later on in life I would realize I could of done something I loved and desired what I am trying to say is never put your dream on hold for your goals why not do them both and reach them.
The video made me think about my own children and their educational goals. I agree with your statement about people not setting goals to achieve things they are truly passionate about because goals are need to arrive at the place you really want to be in life. You may want to address the example from the video or create your own examples as to what people wanted to do with their lives when they really sat down and thought about it. What if you used a personal experience with working in a position you may have not preferred and explained what you would do if money was not a deciding factor.
ReplyDelete