Tuesday, May 21, 2013


 

Coming from Africa to the United States before the war has been a big dramatic change for my family if I was still living in Africa I would have been married with kids.  In my family I am the second oldest in the family. Since my parents moved to the United States we still keep our cultural traditions which is getting married at a younger age , it’s important to me. Being the second born my parents expect much from me .My mom is not really that into the whole young marriage traditional because she rather see me and my sisters graduated from a university before we get married so, when we do go back to our hometown we have something to show our people back home that we didn’t slack off while we were in America, our African ancestor’s expect us here in America to keep the traditional values. My uncle back home he doesn’t want anything else but for us girls, down here in America to have babies .African parents except their kids to become something in life for them to succeed and make them proud and that’s exactly what I am doing right now, showing my family and people back home that I am a changed person who is achieving her goals in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment